Raptor Surfing - The curious sport in which smaller birds fearlessly drive hawks & owls out of their territory by being incredibly annoying.
(All pictures are watermarked to their talented owners)
(via spoopyversalink)Source: avianrecon
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
sound happy and go “oopsie daisy” and dust them off, they don’t panic about then
My mom always congratulated us on injuries or turned it into something positive, like “Wow! That’s a good scrape! How did you get that? Good job! Do you wanna pick out your band-aid?” <3
Looking up Scottish mythological creatures and
Wulver: a werewolf in Shetland, that is said to have had the body of a man with a wolf’s head. It was reported to have left fish on the windowsills of poor families.
That is the nicest Werewolf legend I’ve ever heard of.
Now I wish I could draw because I’d love to draw this.
(via lazyhamster)Source: xtori34
Could you potentially do voices for the October 6 (most recent) Manly Guys Doing Manly Things comic?
Quite a few people have asked for this, and I really like the comic, so yeah, sure.
Original comic from Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
Oh my goodness what a delightful thing to wake up to.
I totally want to do a comic about a T-800 having to ask for assistance to sign up for an ebay account or something so he can buy vintage leather jackets because he can’t read captcha codes.
Raiden lamenting the loss of his humanity as evidenced by his inability to sign up for a club Nintendo account on his own anymore.